Tuesday, May 15, 2018

The Gauntlet has been Thrown Down!



It has been a while,
but yes I am still here.
I have been busy with...
....life.
You know how that is, right?

Do you remember the 
I have had with my siblings for
the past few years?
It's that time again!
Since my brother Rick 
and sister Nancy
picked our previous two cakes,
this year the choice is mine.

Notice the picture, it's a hint.
Any idea of the cake
we'll be baking this year?

The Hummingbird Cake.

Since we all live a distance apart,
we can't do a taste test.
So our bake off consists of
pictures and stories about our cakes.

This year I am inviting you to  join
our Bake Off.

Have you ever made this cake?
Have a favorite recipe for this cake?
Want to try your hand at this cake?
There are a ton
of different recipes out there.
I have chosen the one I will be baking.
So, put on your apron,
bake your version of this cake
and send me your pictures
and experiences with it.
I will share any that are sent my way.

Yum!

By the way, this is a really
informal "competition."
We don't have a timeline,
but should probably aim for 
the end of the summer
to be completely finished.


Pictures from Google Images

5 comments:

Linda said...

Now this sounds like fun! I’m in the country for two weeks without an oven! However, my step son just gave me a Nu Wave oven.....I’ll see if I can bake a cake I It!

Lisa said...

I have a very dear friend from church .. who literally is the go to for this cake !!! It is absolutely one of the best cakes i have ever tasted!!!! :)

obat kuat jakarta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
NanaDiana said...

Oh~I may end up making one of these before the summer is out. What a fun little contest.
It is so nice to see a post from you here! xo Diana

Unknown said...

O YUM! Love Hummingbird cake. I use the recipe from Southern Living from eons ago. Need to get myself a 3rd cake pan so that I can make all three layers instead of 2 with left-over batter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...