Monday, August 19, 2019

Violet Love



I have grown violets most 
of my adult life.
My first violets
were from my Grandmother
many years ago.
I like to think that
perhaps some of the ones
I have today are
offspring's of those first ones from her.


Through the years
I have had good luck with violets
and they always bloomed beautifully
for me.
Then, I moved into my current house
a couple of years ago.
Evidently they were not happy with
the move.
Violets that had been outstanding
at my previous house,
suddenly decided they
were merely green houseplants.


For almost a year I did not have
a single blooming violet.



So I started giving them regular doses of 
a bloom booster
and I gave them more light.
Although my house is quite bright
they wanted a more direct light.


The window in my kitchen is western exposure
and in the dining room I have the morning light.
Between these two windows
I started to rotate all my violets regularly.


And guess what?
Last spring they started blooming
once again
and have not stopped since.
I do have the occasional pot 
with no blooms.
But after a few days in one of the
"violet" windows
they reward me beautifully.


Here are some other tips that work for me
to keep violets happy and healthy -

-good drainage is essential
-water from below
-let them dry out between watering
-they like to be root bound,
so keep their pots small.

Baby them a bit 
and they will reward you
with blooms
year around!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I love looking at your violets! They remind me of my Grandma Fields. She loved African violets, and she had so many--probably well over 50! She definitely had a green thumb and could grow anything, but the violets were her favorite. She grew her own starts and bought any new variety that she came across. She always told me that it would be easy for me to grow them. Alas, I did not inherit her green thumb. I have tried multiple times (hope keeps springing!), yet my plants all die. Seeing your blooms makes me want to try again. Thank you for sharing!

Jack Lucas said...

First, I want to complement this site administrator for creating this platform I frequently get cold sores(which lasts for 5-6 days on my lips and its painful both physically and mentally) .. As a bodybuilder, I basically get outbreak due to the daily pressure and heat in the body.. Recently I stumbled upon my salvation. I found a herbal remedy to cure hsv completely, in just 4weeks ..

I got to know about Dr Utu after seeing a lady's testimony online. I reached the doctor and I ordered for herpes herbal medicine. He sent the herbs to me and I started making use of them. In just 2days, the cold sores are cleared. 4weeks after medication, I went to the hospital for test of cold sores and it was completely NEGATIVE.

By following every prescription, i was able to cure my cold sore in less than 4weeks. 100% natural herbs no after effect.
Note: Please do let others know if this work for you.
The doctor's email is drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
Note : follow all instructions accordingly..

If you are sure that you have benefited from this African herbs be courageous to inform others.
Thanks in advance

Jay Will said...

Very informative, because it compresses most of the information needed and I already have known that, the best solution to Paralysis is herbal medicines. My family and I are proof to this including Rex my friend.
I came to trust Nze Njoku Herbal Home after many months that, they have healed my friend from Pain and Arthritis without any aftereffect.
So I also contacted Nze Njoku for herbal treatment for my father who have suffered paralysis for 6years.
My father took this herbal medicine from Nze Njoku Herbal Home without any lifestyle change which healed him of paralysis within 4weeks.
As I write this my father is doing great on his feet and most importantly he has started his business effectively as if nothing happened to him.
Feel free to contact him on;
nzenjokuherbalhome@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...