Welcome to Summer!
It's the first day of summer. Before the time runs away from me and I'm anticipating fall, I want to take a minute and really APPRECIATE summer. In that spirit, here are ...
My Twenty Favorite Things about Summer
(in no particular order)
1. Peaches (There are hundreds of wonderful things you can do with a real, perfectly ripe peach, but is there anything better than eating one over the kitchen sink?)
2. Summer flowers
4. Tomatoes (real, vine ripened, locally grown ones)
5. Not having to wear a winter coat, especially when I'm taking my little dog Daisy out for her calls of nature
6. Grilling out
7. Fourth of July
8. My neighborhood's annual yard sale
10. Morning walks when it's still cool and everything is fresh
12. Long(er) days
13. Root beer floats
14. Getting to wear flip flops and sandals
15. Cold lemonade and iced tea
17. The smell of honeysuckle
18. The Farmer's Market
19. Sitting on my front porch swing
20. Air conditioning
Take a few minutes today and think about some of your favorites.
Happy Summer to us all!