Friday, February 17, 2012

Morning Muffins!


Last Wednesday I hosted my knitting group.
We've been knitting together for years.
We meet once a week and rotate around
to knit at each other's houses.
It's a totally low maintenance group.
The hostess is not expected to supply anything
except a place to meet.
However, being good Southern woman that we are,
the hostess always has coffee and tea available
and more often than not,
some sort of baked goodie to nibble on.
Since I try to only bake when people are coming,
my knitting group day is a fine time to try new recipes.
The January 2012, edition of SOUTHERN LIVING
provided me with

Applesauce Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl whisk together:
4 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
1/2 c. sugar
2 t. ground cinnamon
Make a well in center of mixture


In a small bowl, whisk together
2/3 c. chunky applesauce
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. vegetable oil
2 large eggs


Add to sugar mixture,


stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Spoon batter into a lightly greased 12-cup muffin pan,
filling almost completely full.
(My muffin cups are a bit smaller than one cup,
so I got 18 muffins, which were plenty big enough.)
Sprinkle Cinnamon Streusel Topping over batter.


Cinnamon Streusel Topping
Whisk together until blended:
1/3 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
3 T. all-purpose baking mix
1/4 t. cinnamon
Stir 2 T. melted butter into this mixture
until well blended and crumbly.

Bake at 400 degrees for 18 - 20 minutes.
Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes.
Remove from pan to a wire rack.



Add a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy!

11 comments:

Tanna said...

I'm just pining that I'm not close enough to horn in on your group!! ;) The muffins look delicious and I'm sure there was delicious visiting to go along. Have a great weekend, Susan! Tanna

From the Kitchen said...

I'd like to come with Tanna for a couple of those muffins. As for the knitting, it would be your doing and my viewing.

Have a great weekend.

Best,
Bonnie

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Those look yummy - I'm pinning them!

Unknown said...

Oh my, these look amazing! Hugs

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Oh to have a group like that to get together with...kindred spirits getting a little needlework done, enjoying coffee and tea with friends and sharing a yummy muffin or two! I could think of nothing better!!

NanaDiana said...

Can I come? How far from Wisconsin to your door? I'll bring cheese...oh, and STARBUCKS! These muffins look delicious-xo Diana

bj said...

I would make these this morning if I had all the ingredients. They sound wonderful.
I will make them this week and let you know. I am on a muffin kick anyway...and cupcakes.
Thanks for the recipe...and I bet your knitting buds love you to pieces. :)
xo bj

Privet and Holly said...

And gracious Southern
lady that you are, you
shared the recipe : )
It looks delicious, too!
Hope you are enjoying
your weekend, Susan....

xx Suzanne

Emily said...

Oh I know what I am baking this week! Yum!

Thanks for sharing. Your knitting group is quite lucky! :)

Karolee said...

Those look yummy! My group of knitters meets rather sporatically and only when I set up a time and place. We usually go to a restaurant although lately our favorite hang out is the brewery.

Vicki Boster said...

Hi Susan-
I'd sure love to be part of your knitting group!! The muffin recipe looks killer you know! Thanks for sharing!

Love
Vicki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...