Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Color Yellow and Good Karma...


Today I am painting my dining room.
I'll (hopefully) show you the results next time…
I originally painted the dining room a 
sunshiny, lemon yellow when I bought this house,
and it was my favorite room.

Yellow has always been a favorite color of mine. 
However, my tastes and moods have changed
a bit since.
I am going with yellow again,
but more of a "mustard" yellow this time.


I actually started this job yesterday.
I have always used a "satin" finish in the past
but this time I decided to be a little different
and choose the "eggshell" finish.
BIG mistake.
I think eggshell takes a better painter than me.
The first coat looks blotchy and streaked.
After a bit of research I find I can
paint satin on top of eggshell.
So…an early evening run to Lowe's
last night for a second gallon of paint.
I am using Lowe's Valspar
and to my happy delight,
their policy with this paint is
"…if you are not happy with the color,
have a second one on us."
Who knew????


I picked up Chinese takeout for dinner on the way home 
and, I kid you not, 
this is what my fortune cookie said,
"Focus in on the color yellow
tomorrow for good luck."
That's all the mojo I need and expect
good final results.
But in the meantime…
it's time to paint.
Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

OMGosh- I am LAUGHING about you getting that fortune cookie. Does God have a sense of humor, or what? lol

Can't wait to see the room! xo Diana

Art and Sand said...

I too am a yellow person. The first room I ever painted myself was yellow and it was way too bright.

Listen to your fortune!

Linda said...

I love it- what a great sign! Hope you have a good time painting! Can't wait to see the results!! I like yellow too, the light sunny yellow.
Linda

Almost Precious said...

Yellow is a happy color. The fortune inside that cookie is definitely Karma. :)

joanne said...

i painted my front door yellow and I just love it! Can't wait to see your dining room.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...