The living room has been evolving
a bit lately at
With the addition of my new "knitting" chair,
which I showed you last week,
I needed a little something different
at the living room window.
I had just done new window treatments
for this room about a year ago,
but that fabric clashed with the chair's.
Since I had fabric left over from the slipcovers just
made for love seats in that room
I decided to use some of it.
It's the heavily quilted fabric at the bottom.
I found a second textured, off white
to use as well.
I used the same simple design
as the previous treatment.
This window topper is a series
of five squares of fabric
(one fabric on each side),
sewn together, leaving a small opening for turning.
Once turned, I used fabric glue to close up the opening.
Clothespins work great to hold everything in place
while the glue is drying.
I then folded the squares in half diagonally.
This allows the contrasting fabric
to show a bit too.
Using small curtain rings with clips
I arranged the folded squares on the curtain rod.
Ultimately I would like to have a slip cover
made for the knitting chair
with a fabric that coordinates with the original
blue and yellow window treatment
and then rehang those in this room.
But in the meantime, this is working for me
and I am enjoying the change.