Still working on my FUSION jacket,
which has finally "told" me
it's going to be a coat rather than a jacket!!!
The back and one front are now complete.
I made a start on a sleeve,
but decided I wasn't happy using
the stockinette stitch for it.
...a bit of ripping out this week...
"If you're going to knit,
you're going to rip...")
...and back to the drawing board for a bit of redesign.
So much of this process is trying something
and deciding if I like it.
I wish I could clearly envision how
designs are going to actually look once knitted.
But I'm a "try it and see" person.
I decided the sleeves needed a bit more texture
than the stockinette stitch I originally tried.
I am using instead the "Mistake Rib" stitch
I am using on the sides and front openings.
The sleeve here looks a bit out of proportion
but will widen out once it is blocked.
Once this sleeve is finished (very soon now)
everything else left to do,
will just be a repeat of what has already
been knitted (i.e. other side and sleeve).
So, although I still have a fair amount of knitting to do,
the finished coat is now within sight!
Happy knitting this week!