Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Inspired!

Several years ago I made this quilted table runner.
I used it on my dining table for many years.
However, once I moved to Buttermilk Cottage
I needed something on my table that
reflected at bit more light.
I still like the runner but where to use it???

I have this very useful little side chair in my living room.
I like it because it's easy to move from place to place
as needed for seating.

However, it's a bit blah, particularly for the holidays.

Earlier this week, I got an inspired idea!
Why not use the runner on the chair?
Simply by draping the runner across the chair,
then tucking in the excess...


I got a nicely covered side chair!!!


Now my little chair is all dressed for the season!



And all I had to do was work with what I already had!


This week please join with me as I party with
Savvy Southern Style
No Minimalist Here
All Things Heart & Home
Hooked on Houses
Cheap Chic Home
The Shabby Chic Cottage
and
French Country Cottage

18 comments:

nanniepannie said...

Using what you have..."it's a good thing."

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How awesome! I love the way that looks...totally different! Happy holidays! ♥

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

That is a WONDERFUL idea... I LOVE that runner!!! I'm your newest Follower, I'm hoping you will FOLLOW me too...
Have a wonderful and fun week,
Hugs to you,
Donna

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

So simple yet it made a big difference. Thanks for joining the party!

Jenny H. said...

Great idea! Smart cookie!

Merry Christmas!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

What an adorable and clever Christmas Idea!
Yvonne

Shirley said...

Your chair looks so festive with your table runner. It gives it a great look. Have a great day.

Honey at 2805 said...

Very clever. Thanks for sharing your idea.

Kathy said...

Well holy moly -i never even thought to do this --I love quilts -to me they signify everything I feel about a home, colorful, warm and full of history
Love your idea

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Wasn't that a clever idea! I love how things come together like that. Pretty!

Unknown said...

Great idea for the table runner! I love "use what you already have" decorating ideas.

Stitchfork said...

Now that's a stellar idea!
xo Cathy

Unknown said...

That is a great idea. I think log cabin patterns are my all time favourites.

Privet and Holly said...

Perfect! This is a fine
example of the inspiration
I've gleaned from reading
blogs....I know that I have
several Christmas table runners
that I haven't used for a while
and now I must dig them out.
Thanks, Susan!
xx Suzanne

KimMalk said...

What a neat little Christmas conversion. I love the log cabin pattern (I hope that's right, there's an awful lot of cobwebs in my brain!). Blessings, Kim

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

The runner is wonderful and what a great idea using it to cover your chair. Thank you for sharing this at my party and I wish you a very happy and blessed holiday.
Sherry

Marianne said...

Such a beautiful table runner. My grandmother used to do the same thing, taking a table cloth or a runner and draping it over a chair or a sofa to dress them up. Thank you for reminding me of this and thanks for sharing at Holly Bloggy.

Sonya said...

Linda idéia! Sua cadeira é maravilhosa!Tenha uma ótima semana. Beijinho

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...