Monday, December 13, 2010

The Scent of the Holidays

One of my favorite things about holiday time is the scent of all the wonderful greenery.
But, I'm sorry to say,
I've almost exclusively decorated with artificial greenery
over the past few years.
I do usually "plump" up the artificial things with some real cuttings,
but unfortunately
the scent doesn't last very long.

But, this is a very nice alternative!
I found these scented reeds at Target this year.
They are by Nature's Wick and the scent is
"Holiday Wreath."
I have them just inside the front door.
When you enter, you get just a whiff of
their scent.

6 comments:

Debby said...

Great idea. I live on "Spruce Drive" in a subdivision called 'Evergreen Hills".......a long ago Christmas farm.........I think I have smelled evergreen trees so much that I don't smell it anymore. But it is pretty this time of the year. Merry Christmas.

Stitchfork said...

Love the smell of fresh greens! Coincidentily someone also gave me scented reeds - mine are Yankee Candle Mistletoe.
merry, merry! xo Cathy

Julia said...

I too have started using only artificial greenery. I will have to check out Target and get some of these scented sticks! I love the smell of pines....I miss living in the Oregon mountains.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I may have to go check those out. I do love the smell of fresh greens.

Unknown said...

I love the wreath!

Unknown said...

I use a mix of artificial and real....but of course, i start so early that my real is already "browning". A good case for using faux!!!

And, my favorite holiday scent is the Nest Holiday candle. Instant Christmas.

Hope yours is merry, Susan!!!
xoxo Elizabeth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...