Thursday, June 21, 2012

An Occasional Cook


Someone asked me yesterday if I cooked everyday.
My answer was that I cooked maybe once or twice a week.
When I do cook full meals these days,
they are shared with my sister, who lives upstairs,
and an elderly neighbor next door.
After years of getting meals on the table everyday,
while my daughter was growing up,
being an "occasional" cook is quite nice.

You might want to make this weekend an occasion
 with these tasty tidbits.

Cheese Cracklins


1 c. Cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2T. butter, room temperature
water

Preheat oven to 400F.


Mix cheese, flour and butter in a large bowl
with your fingertips.


Add just enough water to make a stiff dough.
Don't over mix.


Roll dough into small (3/4-inch) balls.
Place on a greased cookie sheet
and bake about 15 minutes,
until lightly browned.


Makes about 20.
These are great as an appetizer,
or served with a salad or soup.
Yum...

Back to the occasional cook...
I won't be doing any cooking this weekend.
I'm off tomorrow to visit my
darling daughter in NYC.
Although I won't be cooking,
I'm sure we'll be eating quite well!

Happy weekend!

3 comments:

Tanna said...

Oh, Susan, enjoy your time with Kate!!! Can't wait to hear about your visit. These little cheddar treats looks delicious!! I like being an occasional cook, too. ;) ENJOY!! blessings ~ tanna

Vicki Boster said...

Well - I would lay down and die for a handful of these right now! Hmm - think I need these to go with my veggie soup! I'm keeping this recipe -- thanks!!

Vicki

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Now those look yummy...fattening, but yummy!
I love to cook but I find myself, these days, wanting to do less and less. Guess I've hit an all-time low of trying to figure out what to fix for dinner :/
Hope the visit to your daughter's was full of fun and good food! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...