Thursday, June 28, 2012

Weekend in NYC


Last weekend I flew to NYC to spend the weekend
with my daughter Kate.
It was a whirlwind trip,
and I'm still playing catch-up.


I arrived around lunch time on Saturday.
We headed to So Ho and "Prune,"
a resturant I had recently read about,
but there was an hour and half wait,
so we wandered around and found
the So Ho Park and had lunch there instead.


We shared the onion rings, which caught both our eyes
because of the curry mayonnaise served with them.
First rate!


Kate and I have always been big movie fans,
so we caught Tom Cruise's new movie,
Rock of Ages.
Kate, who  had just seen the Broadway play
the weekend before decided she
liked the movie better.
It was fun to see Tom Cruise
in a totally different role and finally,
not taking himself too seriously.


On Sunday morning Kate took me to
Ess a Bagel
to try her favorite NY bagel.
We had a great brunch and the bagels are wonderful!


Afterwards, we took a long walk through Central Park.
It was the perfect day for it--pleasantly warm
and there were lots of street performers.


That evening we saw a Broadway show,
Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.
It was the show's final night,
so I can't urge you to see it!
It was a big, flashy, campy, over the top,
show and we both had fun!

Did I mention it was a whirlwind trip?
The next morning Kate put me in a taxi
for the airport as she headed off to work.
Short, sweet and non stop,
a perfect weekend!

6 comments:

Debby said...

Such a nice time to spend with your daughter. What a pretty picture of the two of you.

Privet and Holly said...

You two are gorgeous
and the weekend sounds
like a dream...NYC, great
food, wonderful shows,
mom-n-daughter time ~
aahhh....!

Happy Thursday,
xo Suzanne

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

How nice to spend time with your daughter. Sounds like tons of fun.

NanaDiana said...

How wonderful to spend a couple of days with your daughter- she is beatiful, by the way...and I think she favors you! Hope you get caught up soon with your rest- xo Diana

Tanna said...

Great photos of the two of you! I know your trip was absolutely worth all the hassel you had getting to and from NY. Time with loved ones trumps bad travel any day. ;)

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Yes, I'd say you had a whirlwind trip but it looks like you had so much fun! NYC is a fun and interesting place. I've been several times and enjoyed it every time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...