Friday, November 10, 2017

My Cottage....Still Tweaking!


I haven't posted in a while.
Life seems to be getting in the way!
Although I still have more house projects,
which sometimes seem never ending,
I have made lots of progress settling into 
Buttermilk Cottage.
It's hard to believe I've been here
almost six months!
You've already seen the office and kitchen,
so today I'll show you the rest of the downstairs.


Here's a look at the living room
when I bought the house.
Very good bones,
but I needed to make it "mine."


This shot is just inside the front door.
The ceiling was smoothed out 
and the carpet was removed from the stairs.


All the walls in the house were painted a pale gray.
That enabled me to use the window treatments
from my previous house 
along with my numerous
blue and white accessories.
And of course, there's a pop of red
in every room!





The chalk painted wardrobe came from
the entrance in my previous house.
The mirror backed french doors,
also chalk painted,
were from the dining room.


One of the fun things about moving for me
has been using old things in different rooms.



The fireplace has gas logs which have already been used
on numerous occasions.
I am loving this cozy, comfortable room!

Here's a reminder how the dining room looked before....


...and after.


There's a curved archway
from the living room
into the dining room. 


The table is presently "dressed" 
for fall.




The corner cabinet
is still a work in progress.
The top portion has a
pretty arched glass door
and the bottom 
two shelves will be 
closed behind two solid doors.
Presently the doors are all 
in the basement
waiting for me to finish them.
(Another project....another day.)


I am highlighting green in the dining room,
since these are the dishes on display.



Loving how the downstairs
has come together.


Finally, the last bit of downstairs
I haven't yet shared
is the bathroom.
Except for keeping the
original tub and toilet...


...lots of changes in here.
I am using bead board halfway up the walls.
The mirror above the sink
belonged to my grandmother.



As in the kitchen,
I've also used subway tile
and the same checkerboard floor.



That completes the downstairs.


And of course,
I couldn't have a single room
without at least 
one little lamb in it!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed viewing at your cottage. I really love everything you have done and last, that little lamb, so cute.

Carol said...

A cozy, delightful home! Congratulations!

NanaDiana said...

Susan, Susan, Susan, I am just LOVING your cottage styled home! We need more and more and more. It is wonderful and you have done a beautiful job of pulling it all together and making it your own.

I do think one of the best things about moving is finding new places for old things you love.

Have a wonderful weekend- xo Diana

Linda said...

I love seeing your beautiful new home! I have been waiting for your posts! It is exciting to see how you use things from your other cottage and combine them in new ways. They look familiar and different—and they reflect you and your style. Thank you for sharing!

Pam deMarrais said...

Susan, you are such a gifted person I so many ways. Your home reflects your personal charm and warmth. Thank you for sharing your darling cottage.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I've followed along for a while, but I just had to leave a comment to tell you what a charming home you've created for yourself. It looks so cozy and inviting! Thank you for taking us on a tour!

Patti said...

Your new house is just beautiful. I love what you have done with it. Truly an inspiration.

Babette said...

I love your new home. It is so beautiful and cozy. I must confess--I covet your African violets.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...