Friday, June 15, 2018

Big Do'ins at the Cottage


When the initial renovations
on my little Cape Cod were finished,
I decided perhaps one big project 
a year would be manageable.
I have passed my one year anniversary
in the house
and the time has come
for this year's project.
See the small white addition
on the side of the house?


This addition was a small
paneled room just off my living room.


Since I have only used it for 
storage since moving into the house,
I have decided the space
will be much more usable to me
as a screened in porch.


After planning and discussing 
this project with
my contractor, Jim
since early this year,


the project finally got started this week.


Jim has been stripping 
away the inside paneling.


The above pictures 
are how the room/porch
looked at the end of Day One.


By the end of Day Two
the ceiling had been stripped away.
I excitedly "played" with the idea
of leaving it open.
More on that later.


My original plan was to leave this 
wall covered with the paneling
and paint it.


 But after seeing the exposed brick
once the ceiling was gone,
I decided I like the
idea of it rather than a painted wall.


By the end of Day Two
we were down to exposed studs.


On Day Three
Jim began removing the
vinyl siding from the outside 
of the addition.




I have a small black room on the side of my house!


Yesterday, on Day Four
the walls actually started 
disappearing.


By the end of the day,
everything was clad with plastic.



I have a plastic room on the side of my house!

We are now on the fifth day of the project
and I can hear Jim hammering
as I type.
I'll keep you informed how we progress...

In the meantime,
have a lovely weekend!





2 comments:

Linda said...

You are going to love this! Loved seeing the transformation right in front of my eyes!

Lisa said...

this is amazing!!! I love... love ... love a screened porch !!! What a great idea... cannot wait to see the finished porch !!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...