Tuesday, June 12, 2018

The Hummingbird Cake Bake Off - Our First Submission!


Here it is!
The first entry into our

My sister in law, Pat has taken the plunge
and baked the first cake.
It was baked as a birthday cake
for her husband, my bother, Bill's birthday.


Pat used the recipe from 
THE CAKE DOCTOR
by Anne Byrn.

One variation Pat made to the original recipe
was that she baked the cake in
a bundt pan,
rather than making a layer cake.
Pat's motive for the change
was to reduce the amount
of frosting needed to frost the cake.


According to Pat,
"Very moist,
very tasty."
And that,
"the birthday boy did not complain."

The cake looks great.
My thanks to Pat for being the first
to jump in and bake this cake.
I actually baked mine last night,
although it is not yet put together
and frosted.
That will happen tonight.
It will be served to my 
knitting group tomorrow
during our weekly get together.
Updates to follow!

I'm waiting to hear from you
about your hummingbird cake!

2 comments:

Patti said...


I love what you've done to your house. It's my dream to one day have a screened porch. Good move!!

eddyshaw9272711 said...

I'm often to running a blog and i actually respect your content. The article has actually peaks my interest. I'm going to bookmark your site and hold checking for brand new information. online gambling

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...