Saturday, June 23, 2018

Porch Progress Report


Work on the new porch
has continued steadily all this week.


Remember last week when the old ceiling
had been removed and I mentioned
I played with the idea of leaving
the ceiling open with the rafters exposed?




After about two seconds I decided,
although I liked that look,
it really wasn't in the spirit of
the "cottage look" of my house.
So I continued with the original plan
of a bead board ceiling.
That has now been installed.
It will be painted white.

I love the look of the brick wall.


The porch is now completely exposed
and all the supporting posts are up.


To avoid future painting maintenance,
the posts have been wrapped with white aluminum.





The old vinyl siding was removed from
the eave of the roof line and covered
with a moisture barrier.
New vinyl has been installed 
at the top of the brick foundation.


This shot makes the porch look massive to me,
but it's really a fairly small one.
All in all, some good progress this week.
What's remaining is a final coat of ceiling paint,
fan installed and
the floor addressed 
(still considering that one).
Oh, and the screens need to be installed!

Hope your weekend is a good one!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Perfect choice on the ceiling .. its going to be amazing !! ...

Lynda Dishner said...

I have followed you even when you and your sister lived together, but had not seen anything from you since you were havi g work on your new house. I bet it turned out beautifully. Good to seen you post today. I live in Weber City, VA and part time in Okaloosa Island, Florida. Just like you home post most, but would love to knit. I paint. Have a good Sunday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...