Thursday, August 9, 2018

Chihuly at Biltmore


I had a road trip last weekend!
M and I met up with friends
in Asheville, NC and had a full day at
Biltmore Estate.


Biltmore is hosting an exhibition 
in their historic gardens
and house 
of work by American artist, 
Dale Chihuly.




Chihuly's glass sculptures have been installed
throughout several of Biltmore's gardens, Conservatory and 
the Winter Garden inside the house...


...resulting in a stunning exhibition.


If you have ever visited Biltmore
you know what a visual treat it is.


Orchids in the Conservatory.


One of several
"Burnished Amber, Citron and Teal Chandeliers"
in the Conservatory.


"Fiori Boat"
located in one of the ponds of 
The Italian Garden.
This was one of my favorite installations.









This is another favorite of mine,
 inside the Winter Garden of the house.


"Laguna Torcello II"


"Sky Blue and Cobalt Fiori"
located just outside the Winter Garden.

As you can see from some of the pictures,
we had a rainy day.
But other than the inconvenience,
it did not in any way  distract from the 
beauty of this show.

After viewing the gardens
we made our way into the house.
I did not take pictures inside,
but have included a few from
Google Images 
to give those
of you who have never visited
an idea of the splendor.


The Dining Room


 The Library



George Vanderbilt's Bedroom

After touring the house we had
an excellent dinner at 
The Deerpark,



...a lovely restaurant on the grounds of the estate.


We ended the day at a concert on the grounds.
What a setting to revisit the music of
Creedence Clearwater Revival!

(I have not been to a rock concert since
Three Dog Night 
during my college days!!!)

Needless to say,
it was quite a day!


The Chihuly Exhibit remains 
until October 7, 2018.
If you are in the area,
do not miss it!

3 comments:

Susan Freeman said...

I was at Biltmore estate long ago, probably too young to really appreciate it, so I should return. Stunning photos and I really enjoyed visiting you today.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Susie said...

I would love to see the Biltmore estate. I am fascinated by Chihuly's work. Thanks for bring us along. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Unknown said...

I have wanted to see this exhibit since I heard about it in the spring. Now I MUST go! CCR concert to top off the day sounds wonderful. Thank you for sharing your delightful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...