Sunday, August 28, 2011

Good Friends and a Day Out...


Does life get much better than a day out with friends?
Last week my knitting buddies and I drove to
Knoxville, Tennessee to visit another friend
who now lives there.
Carolyn, wearing a cranberry vest she knitted herself,
hosted us for lunch.

Carolyn was at one time a partner in the yarn shop
I used to own with her and Anne (to the left of Carolyn).
She is the woman I aspire to be.
Carolyn  is a designer,  knitter extraordinaire,
and one of the most "graceful under pressure"
women I have ever known.
When we were in business together,
she used to amaze me with her boundless energy.
In fact, when I felt overwhelmed with the projects, deadlines
and work I needed to do, I would ask myself,
"What would Carolyn do?"
The answer to myself was always,
"Keep on working."
Just the motto I needed to do one
more hour of work for the day.


Did I mention she sets a gorgeous table...



...and serves a tasty meal? Yumm...



Carolyn had just completed some extensive
redecorating  of her home.
One of the things she was anxious to show us was
this quilt she now has hanging in her bedroom.
The quilt is extra special because it was made
by another member of our group, Ann,
who was not able to be with us for the day.
Carolyn had purchased this quilt at one of
our past holiday shows.

As if the day wasn't lovely enough,
we visited one of Carolyn's local yarn shops


And, although every one of us has enough
yarn in our stash to open our own shop,
we all managed to find something to buy.



These two  balls will go into some
pretty FUSION Yarn
someday.

This week I'm linking with
Tablescape Thursdays at



10 comments:

From the Kitchen said...

I'm sure I'd love to be friends with that group!! I cannot express how much my friends mean to me. I am amazed at my good fortune in having a number of close friends--including my dear blogging friends!! That lunch looks delicious and the table setting is just perfect. Thanks for sharing your dear and talented friends.

Best,
Bonnie

Debi said...

What a talented group of friends to spend some time with. Each of you had something special to bring to the table. I just bet there was such good conversation going on every minute. The meal looked like something out of a magazine. Seems like you had a great time.

Tanna said...

Susan, this is what life is about... the connections and the way you all support and inspire each other. And, have FUN and laugh. Makes me smile just to hear of it!!

Carolyn's character reminds me of the saying, "Keep Calm and Carry On," that I remind myself of frequently. ;) blessings ~ tanna

Unknown said...

How blessed you are to have such good friends...and the inspiration you share. Carolyn's lunch looks sooo yummy! Glad you all had a wonderful time! Hugs!

Stitchfork said...

Can never have enough good friends, good times, and yarn in your stash!
xo Cathy

The Single Nester said...

What a lovely time to spend with friends - good food, laughter, what could be better ?!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

What a talented group of pretty ladies! I love the vest she made and the table looks scrumptous with all that yummy food and beauty...it's so nice to get together with good friends, I so love it! Have a nice TT at Susan'n and thank you for sharing. See ya and hugs. FABBY

Anonymous said...

I agree that spending time with friends is a gift to be enjoyed. Your friend treated you well with her lovely table full of delectable goodies.
Thanks for your visit. Do come again.

Marigene said...

It is nice you could all get together and enjoy that lovely table and delicious looking lunch!

Alycia Nichols said...

You hang with a very talented and generous-of-spirit crowd!!! Carolyn's luncheon table was beautifully set, and the food was presented in such a pretty fashion. The hanging quilt in her newly redecorated bedroom is gorgeous! That looks like some pretty intense quilting work!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...