Monday, November 14, 2011

Favorite Things-- Cranberry Relish


It's almost Thanksgiving and I want to share
one of my all time favorite things with you.
When you read the ingredients,
they sound very unimpressive,
and a little strange,
but I promise it's wonderful.
And easy.

Evelyn's Cranberry Relish
(named this because my friend Evelyn gave
me this recipe years ago.)


Mix the following:
1/4 c Raven's Spice (mulling spices)
1 16-oz can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 20-oz can unsweetened crushed pineapple
1/2 c chopped pecans


The wild card here is the mulling spices.
I love this stuff so much I buy it wholesale by the case.
Of course, I also sell it during the Holiday Show & Sale,
and use it in the hot and cold apple cider we serve.



Drain excess juice if necessary. 
Heat in the microwave 5-8 minutes on high or
simmer in a saucepan or crock pot to thicken.
Could it be any simpler?


The beauty of this relish is what you can do with it.
Of course, it makes a great side for poultry or pork.
But, you can also use it over biscuits, pancakes or pound cake.
I LOVE it over ice cream.
And, when you're making turkey sandwiches
after Thanksgiving, put some on too.
Yumm.....

This week I'm linking with
Tasty Tuesdays at 33 Shades of Green
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum

6 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I am copying this down to use for a variation on the cranberry sauce that noone here seems to eat. Got any idea what is in the mulling spices? xo Diana

Unknown said...

This is a great relish to use in so many ways. My Grand made it all the time and we loved it... thanks for reminding me of the recipe! Hugs

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

I love cranberry relish but have never heard of using mulling spices....interesting.

Tanna said...

We love cranberries! I think this one is on a winner-list around here, Susan. Thank you. blessings ~ tanna

nanniepannie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicki Boster said...

Oh oh oh - this sounds so wonderful. I love cranberry relish and I'd love to have a new recipe. I will have to search out that mulling spice- don't have a clue where to get it--
Happy Thanksgiving my friend- I hope your day is so very blessed--
Vicki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...