Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Rick!


When I was 13 years old,
my Mom and Dad brought a new
baby brother home.
Since that day,
he's been "my" guy.
I watched Rick grow up,
and take on the responsibilities of a man.
I have seen him face many of life's most
difficult challenges with grace and strength.
Rick is a career Navy man and as a result,
has had to be separated from his family
for long stretches.
Even now, he and his sweet wife, Terry
are preparing for a three year tour of duty
in Germany.
(By the way, Terry has an incredible shop on
Some of my best memories are of times spent with Rick.
We share a love of movies, books, and cooking,

So, here's to you, Rick, the best man I know.
The other thing I know is that having you in
my life is one of the things that makes
my life sweeter.
Love ya!
Happy Birthday!


10 comments:

Tanna said...

Happy Birthday to your brother, Rick!! And, please pass on to him and his wife how deeply their service and sacrifice is appreciated. blessings ~ tanna

Unknown said...

Is the baby "bother" a Freudian slip? Cute!

Susan McClaskey said...

No Dawn, not a Freudian slip, just a matter of my brain working faster than my fingers. I need a good editor like you! Thanks!
Susan

nanniepannie said...

He's a keeper! Happy Birthday Rick.

Debby said...

Happy BIrthday to your sweet brother.

Unknown said...

Here's to "baby" brothers!! Happy Birthday, Rick! I, too, have a younger brother who I adore. Aren't we lucky?!!

xo Elizabeth

The Single Nester said...

What a lovely post about your brother. Happy bday too!

Brenda Pruitt said...

He's got such a sweet, engaging smile.
Brenda

JudyMac said...

My thanks to him for his service to our country. And just think--I'll bet you get an invitation to visit him while he's in Germany!

Stitchfork said...

Happy Birthday Rick! Love the photo - it just makes me smile!
xo Cathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...