Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cherry Filled White Chocolate Blondies


It's holiday baking time and this is my all-time favorite cookie.
So, if nothing else, it will get baked for the holidays!



Cherry-Filled White Chocolate Blondies
1/2 c. butter
1 (12-oz) pkg. white chocolate morsels, divided
2 large eggs
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 t. almond extract
1 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. cherry preserves
1/2 c. sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 c. sliced almonds


Melt butter in a saucepan over heat, stirring just until melted.
Remove pan from heat,
and add 1 cup white chocolate morsels.
DO NOT STIR.


Beat eggs at high speed with an electric mixer
two minutes or until foamy.
Gradually add sugar, beating until blended.
Stir in white chocolate mixture and almond extract,
stirring until blended.
Add flour and salt, stirring just until blended.



Spread half of the batter into a lightly greased
and floured 8-inch square pan.
Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes
or until light golden brown.


Melt 1/2 c. cherry preserves in a small saucepan
over low heat, stirring often.


Spread evenly over partially baked
blondies in pan.


Stir together coconut, remaining
1 c. white chocolate morsels,
and remaining half of batter.


Spread over melted cherry preserves,
spreading to edges of pan.
(Can you tell my pan is "well-used"?)


Sprinkle batter with 1/2 c. sliced almonds.
Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Cut into 16 bars.


Heaven on a plate.

You'll find me partying at
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Tasty Tuesdays at 33 Shades of Green

10 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh my God, but that looks delectable! Are you sure eating something that decadent isn't against the law?
Brenda

Unknown said...

Wow, these are tooo tempting...even on paper!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

My oh my those look good. So many gooey, sweet and fattening goodies this time of year. Wouldn't have it any other way.

NanaDiana said...

OMGOODNESS! I think I just drooled in my keyboard! I am copying this recipe to my files. Thanks- Diana

Tanna said...

I have never seen these before, Susan!! I can tell why they would be your favorite!! They look absolutely delicious! blessings ~ tanna

Almost Precious said...

Looks scrumptious ! Wish I had a plate of them right now to go along with my cuppa coffee. :)

Avery Hill said...

Yummy!

I'll have to try your recipe some time!

Merry Christmas, friend!

Alaina
averyhill

Anonymous said...

CHerries and almonds - a delicious combination - your photos are mouthwatering!

Screaming Sardine said...

Oh my yummy!!! These look so awesome. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Pinning on pinterest. :)

Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Oh my, my mouth is watering! I can see why these are your favorite.
I haven't done any Christmas baking yet but I think this is one that I am going to have to try.
Thank you SO much for sharing this recipe...yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...