Friday, December 23, 2011

The Kitchen Tree


How is it possible that this is Christmas weekend???
This has been an incredibly busy season for me.
Beginning in early November with our Holiday Show,
on to Thanksgiving and having Kate home for the weekend.
Then, decorating and shopping for the holidays.
After that, my brother Rick and I made a quick trip together
to visit our parents.
All the while, I've also been working diligently to get
my Etsy orders shipped in a timely manner and
producing new items to restock the "shop."
Whew!


As a result, I haven't done a single holiday posting.
I didn't want you to think I was a total Scrooge.
I am enjoying lots of pretty holiday decorations.
One of my favorites is a small kitchen tree
for which I've been collecting ornaments for many years.


So, let me pour you a cup of tea
and let's enjoy the tree for a bit!


Would you like a gingerbread cookie?


Or perhaps a s'more?


I think I'll have a lovely sugar dipped cherry
and some whipped cream.
This is an ornament a good friend, Debby made years ago.
It's one of my favorites.


Perhaps we could share
some favorite recipes?




Real espresso cups make ideal ornaments for a kitchen tree.


Sitting atop my little kitchen tree is the Chef.
He helps me with holiday meals.


Thanks so much for letting me share
the kitchen tree with you.
I've already been thinking of resolutions for the new year.
One of which is to be a better neighbor in Blog Land,
visiting you and inviting you into Buttermilk Cottage!

Happiest of holidays to each and every one of you!

10 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Susan, what a cute tree. You sure have been busy. I hope you can stop and enjoy the holiday.

Merry Christmas

NanaDiana said...

Susan- That is a really cute tree. I know it must have been a rushed, hectic season for you. Hope that you can relax a bit and enjoy the rest of the Holiday now. Love the cups tied on there and that spoon iwth the cherry...too cute~ xo Diana

Shirley said...

Merry Christmas Susan, I liked your kitchen Christmas tree. I like the tea pot and cup. It reminds me of the older days when people made things like that. I am sitting here eating red velvet cake with a cup of hot tea while I take a break and catch up with some of my friends. They closed down work at 11 this morning and I am off until Tuesday. I am hoping I get my Christmas wish, which is my oldest boy comes home from Louisiana. He started a new job there the 31st of October. Have a wonderful christmas. Your Missouri Friend

joanne said...

A kitchen tree....what a great idea. The first thing I noticed was the s'more! Have a Merry and Blessed Christmas.

Unknown said...

Love your kitchen tree - and your red wall (I've probably told you that before). You have such an amazing sense of style! Merry Christmas to you all!

Tanna said...

Loved the kitchen tree, Susan!! Hoping you and yours have enjoyed a wonderful Christmas! blessings ~ tanna

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

I love your kitchen tree! Now I need to visit your shop! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Stitchfork said...

A very Happy New Year to you Susan!
xo Cathy

thistlewoodfarm said...

I just had to commoent on how much I like that vinyl? painting? on your kitchen wall! Great design and style! Thanks for the inspiration!

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

An adorable little tree for your kitchen. The ornaments are so cute :)
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas holiday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...