Thursday, December 29, 2011

Adding to Special Collections


Traditions are what make holidays personal and special.
I have been collecting "Santa on Animals" for many years.
When I could never find my favorite animal,
a sheep with Santa riding on it's back,
my daughter Kate made one for me.


Thus began one of my dearest holiday traditions.
For the past several years,
Kate has gifted me a new addition to my collection.
(You can read about the others here and here.)


This year I got "Santa on a Cow!"


Isn't she a charmer?


She's right at home with the rest of the crowd.
As if this wasn't enough to thrill her Mom,
Kate also gifted me with a clay "Pinky"
to add to my flock.


If you're a regular visitor here,
you know about "Pinky."


She's right at home with the rest of the flock!

Thank you, darling girl Kate!

This week I'm partying at
Open House Party Thursday at No Minimalist Here
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

8 comments:

From the Kitchen said...

What a special collection. I love seeing Santa "arrive" on the various animals. And, to have so many made for you by your daughter makes them extra special.

Best,
Bonnie

Linda said...

I love your collection! Never thought about Santa on animals. I am not sure I have seen very many - if any - that I can remember. However, now that I have seen YOUR collection I bet I take more notice!

Happy New Year!

NanaDiana said...

What a thoughtful, wonderful gift/tradition. What fun. You MIGHT find Santa on a cow in REAL LIFE here in Wisconsin!;>) xo Diana

Tanna said...

Oh, that Kate is a keeper for sure (as if you didn't know that!!). LOL! What a wonderful gift that goes right to the heart. I LOVE the one she made you on the sheep, too! Happy New Year, Susan!! blessings ~ tanna

bj said...

What a fun and wonderful way to start a tradition that will go on thru your grands, I'm sure.
Kate is a sweetie, for sure.
I am crazy for the Santa on animals....great idea.

Vicki Boster said...

Hi Susan- what a cute collection- love the "tradition!" Kate is a sweetie to carry this through each year. Love the pink lamb too- perfect for you this year!!

Happy New Year Susan- its been a busy year for you - for all of us. I've enjoyed every second spent here at your beautiful blog -- I'm so happy to have become a member of your blogging family. I hope this new year is rich and full of blessings for you and your family. I'm looking forward to being here to see your newest creations and stories.

Love
Vicki

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

How fun!! Thank you for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your daughter's creations are absolutely adorable and so unique. Happy weekend wishes to you, Tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...