Sunday, April 3, 2011

Run, Don't Walk...This Book is That Good!

I've just finished RESCUE by Anita Shreve.

I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!

This is not a flashy story, but rather a

domestic drama.

It's the type book Anita Shreve does so well.

You may be familiar with her work from

THE PILOT'S WIFE.

This is the story of Webster, a medical technician who

works for an emergency rescue service.

The story begins with his "rescue" of Sheila,

after she has wrapped her car around a tree.

Webster is drawn to Sheila from the very beginning.

Webster is such a decent, down to earth guy,

I just wanted him find a happy life.

But you know in your gut, Sheila will not be good for him.

There are moments when it seems their story

is going to work out; but then, we wouldn't have a novel,

would we?

However, even with life's messiness and winding roads,

Shreve has created a book with a VERY

satisfying ending.

If you like domestic dramas, don't miss this one.

4 comments:

Cozy Little House said...

Oh, I read about this one in People I think! I love her books. My fav was The Pilot's Wife. Haven't read her recently. But now I'm really interested!
Brenda

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Thank you for another good book lead, Susan!! Blessings ~ tanna

From the Kitchen said...

It has been awhile since I've read Shreve but like all that I have. I'm putting this on my list for summer reading.

Best,
Bonnie

Stitchfork said...

Susan you keep making my to-read stack taller and taller. Keep 'em coming!
xo Cathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...