Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Another Knitted Shrug

This year I seem to be having a fascination

with knitting shrugs.

I've just finished my second one

within the past few months.

(I also have another one on

my needles, almost done.)


This one is knitted in a royal blue. It's from a Berroco pattern called Venus. You can find it here.

I think one of the things I find intriguing about shrugs

is their simplicity of shaping.

This one is knitted from the bottom up,

but I like to put my own spin on patterns,

so I knitted it from sleeve to sleeve.



I did this because of

the nature of my yarn,

which created striping.

I don't normally like horizontal stripes on a garment.

However, vertical stripes can be flattering.




The yarn I used is my own creation of

blended yarns, FUSION.

This colorway is a vibrant blue with

little touches of yellows, reds, greens

and just a touch of metallic.

*****

This week I'm linking to

The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursdays

3 comments:

Stitchfork said...

Love your fusion of colors!
xo Cathy

Hearts Turned said...

This is just gorgeous! What yummy yarn---I really love it!

Hope your day is wonderful...

Julie

Tanna said...

Susan that yarn is gorgeous!! Beautiful!! Wonderful!! I keep thinking I may attempt a shrug. I have a baby gown, a sweater, and two shawls started right now. I haven't had time to really work on any of them, but hope to get busy again this weekend! Love your shrug!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...