Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I Can't Put It Off Any Longer...

The time draws near...


For the past several weeks, every time I go into the post office,
I've been assaulted/reminded...

I dread this every year.
Yesterday, I finally made a start.


The crazy thing is that I don't even do my own taxes.
I take my paperwork and have someone else do it for me.
But, still it always feels like a monumental effort.



Google Image
It could be worse.
My job is to collect all those little bits of paperwork
that have accumulated over the past year,
and organize them into some sort of meaningful
justification for a deduction.


I'm probably a tax preparer dream client because I'm
always totally organized when I arrive, but I still have
that nagging fear...

Google Image
I'm determined today's the day I get it all finished and make the appointment, hopefully for one day next week, and put the mess behind me.



Google Image
Then I'm going to treat myself to something nice.
Aren't these lovely?


6 comments:

Linda said...

I am there with you!! I do our taxes on Turbo Tax and I need to get started! Thanks for the encouragment!
Love those cupcakes! We saw them at Ooh La La Bakery in Katy, Texas over the weekend.

Wanda Metcalf said...

The husband does do our taxes and it has been fun watching the dance start already. It goes like this. He is in the office and paper stacks begin to grow. and a folder here and there. And he leaves the office and he is found off doing something else... funny how it can often be something he would usually not like even doing. Arg anything to not be doing the taxes!

Then another time He will come out into the room where I am watching TV, is there anything recorded I just can't be in there any longer!

Oh poor guy it cont. with a trip to get sweets and other little gems of excuses.

I like those cupcakes they look like some I can actually have!

Tanna said...

Oh, how I hate tax time. It IS so much work, even when you are taking the stuff to someone else to prepare the return. You WILL feel so much better when it is all done and we want to hear what you treat yourself with! Blessings ~ Tanna

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

I think these cupcakes are perfect! x

Stitchfork said...

Oh so with you and not enjoying the tax task!
Have a fun weekend!
xo Cathy

Brenda Pruitt said...

I saw something a few weeks ago that you could use to scan all your receipts, and it kept it in memory for the accountant. Seems like that would be a dream come true!
Brenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...