Saturday, March 19, 2011

Promise of Spring

Imagine a field of tulips stretching out as far as you could see.
We won't have that at Buttermilk Cottage,
but sometime this weekend
we're going to have our first tulips blooming.
They're just beginning to peek out now.
~~~~~
What are your plans for the weekend?
I'm making a start on cleaning up the front porch.
This will be a several day project.
But, I'm anxious to have it all ready
for warm days of sitting on it!
~~~~~
Have a wonderful weekend!
(Google Image)

4 comments:

Julia said...

I love tulips...they are so "spring like" :)

I would love to sit on my front porch. Unfortunately, we have a couple of neighbors (sisters). These two, older, ladies seem to think if you are on your front porch, pulling up in the driveway with groceries or doing yard work, that it is an invitation for them to come over and talk and gossip for an hour or so! Or at least until your frozen food is defrosting in the driveway.... but then they want to help carry in the groceries! Can't get rid of them! I find myself waiting to go outside to get the mail or whatever until I check to see if the coast is clear. :)

Anyway, I have plans on working in my Etsy shop today and taking a bunch of pictures and listing new items. :)

Have a great day!

Tanna said...

OH, my gosh! I know just what you mean about cleaning the porch being such a big undertaking. We are going to start in on it ourselves today! Good luck! I'll be working, too! Blessings ~ Tanna

Stitchfork said...

Have given up planting tulips as they only become deer food. Daffodils are beginning to peek through tho! Just wish I could train the hound to pick up all the fallen sticks and branches blown all over from the winter storms!
xo Cathy

Brenda Pruitt said...

I keep cleaning and the yellow pollen just keeps falling!
Brenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...