Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cranberry Lane Chicken for Dinner

We all have them....
Those recipes that are so simple,
but so especially good, that we go to them
time and time again.
One of those recipes for me is
CRANBERRY LANE CHICKEN

First of all, the combination of ingredients is just strange.
If you just read the recipe you'd probably think,
"Nope," and move on to something else.
But, I'm giving it a personal endorsement.
It's simple.
It's good.




Mix together:

1 can cranberry sauce w/berries
1 8-oz bottled French dressing
1 pkg. Onion Soup Mix



Pour over 4-6 chicken breasts in a casserole dish.

Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
It's good with rice as a side.


Why the name?
There's a darling little shop nearby called
Cranberry Lane.
It's a home decor/gift kind of place you always hit
when you're out shopping with girlfriends.
One holiday season they had this recipe printed on little cards
and passed them out to customers.
Nice touch.
`````
This week I'm partying at
"Tasty Tuesdays" at 33 Shades of Green
"Wow Us Wednesdays" at Savvy Southern Style
"All Things Inspired" at All Things Heart & Home
"What's Cooking Wednesday" at Not So Homemade
"Whatever Goes Wednesdays" at Someday...Crafts
"Foodie Friday" at Designs by Gollum
"Show and Tell Friday" at My Romantic Home

15 comments:

Stitchfork said...

Those strange ingredients appeal to me!
xo Cathy

The Sewing and Knitting Loft said...

I make a similar dish, it does not have the french dressing. I agree that it is very, very good! Thanks for sharing.

Barb

Debby said...

Sounds and looks yummy. I just posted an easy soup recipe......it is supposed to be white chili but it's still a bit red. Has only chicken, salsa, navy beans and cheese. I wrote this downand will try it.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I also make one like this but not with french dressing. I will have to try this one! Thanks so much for the idea, I'm your newest follower :)

From the Kitchen said...

I've found that some of the strangest combinations produce the best dishes. This one looks delicious!

Best,
Bonnie

nanniepannie said...

Yes, please could I have some more?

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Cranberry chicken is one of my favorite recipes! I've been making it for years now and it's the same recipe as yours. Simple and Delicious!

Fifi Flowers said...

Those are interesting combinations... looks YUMMY!

Tanna said...

I have made this before and it was a huge hit with my cranberry-loving husband! Thanks for reminding me of it. Blessings ~ Tanna

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

That sounds good to me. I will give it a try. Thanks for sharing the recipe at WUW.

Kathy Walker said...

Strange but I saw this recipe last spring and thought just what you said...strange combination of ingredients. Okay, you have me convinced. I will try it.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, this looks delicious! Pretty presentation too :)

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

I know how delicous this recipe is. I make the same chicken using a jar of appriot jam instead of the cranberries.
But next time I make "red chicken" I am using the cranberries... this sounds scrumptious!!!!
And it is so beautiful too!
Thanks for this easy delicious recipe!
Yvonne

Katerina said...

This is so simple and looks so yummy! I love the addition of fruits in cooking!

Unknown said...

what an interesting combination! definitely a must-try!

i would love for you to link this & any other recipe to mangia monday!

http://delightfullydowling.blogspot.com/2011/03/mangia-mondays-3-easy-tie-dye-cupcakes.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...