Friday, March 4, 2011

Friends are Like Fruit Salad!

Friends are like fruit salad because
individually, each is sweet,
but put several together and
you've got a bowl of food for the soul!

I've just returned from a yearly retreat with my knitting buddies.
Each year we rent a "cabin" in the mountains for our get-away.
This year we decided we were all grown up enough
that we all wanted rooms to ourselves,
so the "cabin" was a six bedroom with a second
living room and kitchen.
We managed to rough it.

One whole side was a glass enclosed sun porch with an
incredible view of the Smokey Mountains.



As I sorted through my pictures I noticed I was heavy on

"kitchen shots!"




Does that give you any idea of what we spent a
good amount of time doing?

We all enjoy cooking, and each of us brought
several favored dishes to share.
Other than the first day's lunch out,
all meals were at "camp."


Ann used the retreat as a weaving seminar.
Katherine (I call her the "Renaissance Woman"
because she's a professional crafts person;
she does it ALL, and she does it WELL)
had a portable loom and spent some time
mentoring Ann.


The main living room.


Oh, I forgot to tell you...
we did manage to do a little knitting while away!
***
It's weekend time again...already!
Hope you have an excellent one!
Perhaps spend some time with friends?

9 comments:

From the Kitchen said...

You are so right about friends! I must say, your retreat involved my kind of "roughing" it--good friends, good food and good wine in comfortable surroundings--preferably with a view of the Smokies or the Blue Ridge.

Best,
Bonnie

Wanda Metcalf said...

I have tried so many times to learn to knit. For some reason my brain just won't get it. Well I can a long scarf like thing going but can never tie up ends. Anyway, My mother can do anything with yarn! Oh the beautiful things she has knit, crocheted and so on. She would have loved such a weekend! So glad to see you ladies get together for your weekend. And what a place to meet at!!

The Sewing and Knitting Loft said...

Oh what fun! Eating, knitting, weaving, I am so happy you got to do this. :)

Barb

Privet and Holly said...

That sounds heavenly,
Susan!!! And look at
the view out the windows!
Looks like a VERY fun
group. The last time I
had a getaway like that,
we spent a lot of time
in the kitchen and between
meals, we were dreaming
up what we were going to
eat next! For some reason,
being at a cabin or getaway
makes us all hungrier : )
Super fun for you and thanks
for letting us take a peek!
xx Suzanne

Tanna said...

Oh, I am sooooo jealous!! This sounds like a most perfect girls outing!! So happy you had the opportunity to enjoy this time with your friends.

John'aLee said...

It looks like you gals had just way too much fun!!

NEW YORK BOOKY said...

I'm so glad you had fun!!

Melanie said...

I love girl's getaway weekends! The cabin you stayed in looks beautiful. I'm sure you came home happy and renewed in spirit!

Anonymous said...

I like the pictures of the cabin you girls stayed in...looked like a nice place with good friends and delicious food...wow...perfect!
Mel's Cabin enjoyed your post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...