Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wear Your Hat Today...It's Another Cold Day!

Although we're all yearning for Spring,
it's not here yet...another cold and snowy day!
So dress warmly today!
Here's a nice recipe to help keep you warm inside!
Butternut Squash

Cut 3 medium butternut squash in half.


Cover with plastic wrap.
Arrange about 1-inch apart in microwave oven.
Microwave at High for 18 to 22 minutes,
or until soft to the touch,
rearranging after 10 minutes.


Let stand 3 minutes.

Scoop out seeds and discard.
Scoop out pulp, discard shells.
In a food processor,
beat pulp until smooth with:
2 T. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1 t. ground cinnamon
1/4 t. ground nutmeg
1/2 t. salt
3 eggs
1 t. vanilla


Pour into a one-quart dish.
Microwave at High 9-11 minutes or until set,
rotating dish a quarter-turn every 3 minutes.


Let the squash stand for 8 minutes before serving.
Serves 6.
Is it a vegetable side or a dessert???
You decide!
I'm linking this post to
(Sheep image is from Google)


9 comments:

Chrissy said...

Oh your goat just made my morning {grin}, it is really cold here to 8 deg this morning, but the sun is shining. I have made this butternut squash recipe, but learned some new, to put it in the microwave (instead of oven) Yeah!!! It looks so much quicker your way. Thanks for the recipe.

Tanna said...

I have my hat, thanks to you! ;) And, thank you for this delicious looking recipe. Love the idea of whipping it up in the microwave!! Stay warm.

Stitchfork said...

Love the goat! And definitely counts towards your veggies!
xo Cathy

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I guess it is a veggie dessert.

Peg said...

The squash soup looks good... I've never tried making it, but I like the microwave directions. I think one of your readers may need glasses :-) That's a sheep!

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

Looks yummy-and healthy.

Anonymous said...

I had squash for dinner last night.....I don't think there is a way I don't like it, but sweet like this is my favorite. Never tried blending the sweet stuff in. I usually put it on top. But I bet your way is nice too since all the goodies are in every bite.

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

How delicious! I like what Kim said - it's a veggie dessert! Doesn't get much better than that. Thanks for sharing @ Tasty Tuesdays.
Alissa

The Single Nester said...

I like this method. I hate peeling it and scooping out the seeds. This way, it is all done after they are cooked.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...