Monday, June 21, 2010

Welcome to Summer!




Welcome to Summer!



It's the first day of summer. Before the time runs away from me and I'm anticipating fall, I want to take a minute and really APPRECIATE summer. In that spirit, here are ...





My Twenty Favorite Things about Summer


(in no particular order)


1. Peaches (There are hundreds of wonderful things you can do with a real, perfectly ripe peach, but is there anything better than eating one over the kitchen sink?)


2. Summer flowers


3. Vacations


4. Tomatoes (real, vine ripened, locally grown ones)


5. Not having to wear a winter coat, especially when I'm taking my little dog Daisy out for her calls of nature


6. Grilling out


7. Fourth of July


8. My neighborhood's annual yard sale


9. Watermelon


10. Morning walks when it's still cool and everything is fresh


11. Fireflies


12. Long(er) days


13. Root beer floats


14. Getting to wear flip flops and sandals


15. Cold lemonade and iced tea


16. BLTs


17. The smell of honeysuckle


18. The Farmer's Market


19. Sitting on my front porch swing

20. Air conditioning


Take a few minutes today and think about some of your favorites.

Happy Summer to us all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am seriously in love with your front porch!

Kathryn Dyche said...

All great reasons to love summer . . . . if only I could get rid of the bugs, 100% humidity and super high temps life would be good. :0)

Susan McClaskey said...

Thanks Dawn. Love the porch too and use it as much as possible.

Dyche Designs--Alas! Nothing's ever perfect...thus the ole positive spin...

Susan

holly said...

Cute post! Your front porch looks so cozy!

Laura in Paris said...

I share many things I love from summer with you. It's a good exercise to remember all the good reasons to be happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...