Thursday, July 5, 2012

From My Book Shelf--THE HYPNOTIST


Just today I finished THE HYPNOTIST by Lars Kepler.
Normally I'm not a crime fiction reader,
but this was on a book list and was available,
and I'm like Mikey, I'll read anything...
This book had me from the first couple of pages.
It is creepy, dark, scary and has so many
twists and turns it's hard to keep up with them.

It's a debut novel by husband and wife team,
Swedish writers,
Alexandra and Alexander Ahndoril.
It is very much in the tradition of
Strig Larssen's  GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO series.

There are actually two main story lines
which do not begin to merge until the latter half of the book.
The book begins with a gruesome triple murder of a family.
The only survivor is the teenage son, who is so badly injured
he is unable to answer questions about it.
The investigating detective, Joona Linna
enlists the aid of Dr. Erik Maria Bark,
a hypnotist to break into the boy's subconscious.

If you like suspense and have a strong stomach,
I recommend this book.
Just keep in mind,
nothing is as it seems in this book...


1 comment:

Linda said...

I am in need of a good book. I keep reading but it has been awhile since a book really had me so interested I didn't want to do anything but READ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...