Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas to Ewe!


Wool is my favorite fiber when knitting.
Thus, I feel a certain affinity with sheep.
I design, knit and sew sheep!
So, it's a given I'd be attracted
to sheep holiday ornaments.
So much so,
I have an entire tree
devoted to them!


Two of my favorites are these two little guys,
one stringing lights,
the other bringing a gift.


This iced "sugar cookie" was a gift from
my sister Nancy several years ago.


One of a pair, this little girl always hangs next to...


...her constant companion.


My daughter Kate made this little leaping sheep from clay for me.


This very delicate blue ceramic sheep was the start of my collection.


Check out this gal's pretty holiday pumps!



Of all my sheep ornaments,
my favorite doesn't hang on the tree.
It is another of Kate's creation,
and it wouldn't be the holiday season for me
without it!

Wishing all of you the merriest of holidays!

Join me at Etsy Cottage Style this week
for their Twelve Days of Christmas. 




9 comments:

deb said...

I adore your tree and all the Sheep!! Santa is just too cute riding the Sheep!
My affinity goes back to my childhood. Yes, we had cows but the sheep were always my favorite. Whenever a mother wouldn't allow hers to feed I was the one assigned to do the bottle feeding. Their little tails would wiggle with delight as they drank. Loved plaing with them. I let them out and we would run (them following me) all over the field and up & down the lane. Later in years my nephew and my own children were able to feed the lambs their bottles. Of course, they loved doing it too. Ah memories, those days are long gone. I miss Mom and Dad and it feels so strange to have someone else living on our farm.
Oh dear, I didn't mean to rattle on like this! So sorry!
Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!!
*hugs*deb

Anonymous said...

Such cute ornaments, love the old woodwork in the background too!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to 'ewe' Sharon!
Love the very original baaaaaa-utiful decorations.
Thanks for joinng the ECS Blog party.

NanaDiana said...

Those are just darling. I love them all. Your girl is very talented and works magi with clay. Beautiful- Merry Christmas- xo Diana

Linda said...

I love EWE'r tree!!!
Merry Christmas from Texas!!

ByLightOfMoon said...

Merry Christmas!
Blessings, Cyndi

Chenille Cottage said...

How I love all your darling little sheep. Your Santa riding on the little lamb is just as cute as can be.
When my son was two he went for a ride with my grandparents out in the country. He came home quite disturbed because all the "sheepies" that he saw had dirty faces.
Blessings and a Happy New Year!
Carolynn

Unknown said...

Morning! Ewe made the cutest tree!I love your sheep, what talent you have! If you have time look at my Snowmen, they're having snooo much fun. Happy New Year!!Dianna

KarenB said...

I'm just purusing around from the blog party and saw this Christmas post. I collect sheep as well, probably because I'm a knitter and also because I'm a Christian. I've never thought about putting them on a Christmas tree. You'll see my favorite sheep of all on the post I just did. You'll love them! You have a nice blog and I love your little buttermilk cottage!
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...