Sunday, June 22, 2014

What Happened to June???


The month of June is almost gone!
What happen to it?
It's been crazy busy here
so I guess that's the reason
I find it hard to believe we are
almost into July!

Some of June's highlights:

A weekend visit from my daughter Kate
to help celebrate my birthday!

A week long visit from 
my brother Rick who lives in  Germany!
Lots of fun talking about food/cooking, pop culture and movies!


An afternoon out to Jonesborough, the oldest town in Tennessee.
Nancy, Rick and I had lunch out and then 
caught a performance at
The International Storytelling Center.


A weekend visit to my parents' home in Fayetteville, TN.
This is the first time we have all been together in quite some time.


My sis Nancy, brother Bill, me and Rick.
How nice to all be together!



My brother Bill and his wonderful wife Pat
hosted the whole family for a Sunday lunch 
at their home.


Bill has recently began raising chickens!


This is the coop he built himself.
Very impressive!


Brother Rick visiting with the chickens.


A gorgeous assortment!


Last week I had the opportunity to tour the
gardens of Pam and Paul DeMarrais.
I was invited by a good friend, Susan O.
Susan shares a passion for day lilies with Paul,
which he collects and hybridizes.



In addition to the garden,
Paul, an artist,  gave us a tour of his studio.


Pam, who is a quilter also raises chickens.
I was totally blown away by this couples'
varied interests and obvious passion for all they do!

(Thank you Susan O. for the final three photos.)

To tell you the truth,
I am feeling a little over stimulated
by my busy June!

3 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Glad the family could get together; it's been a long while since I've been to Jonesborough.

WAM said...

Great post sis

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

I love family gatherings! You were very busy! Your brothers chicken coup is adorable! Great photos! Have a great week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...