Monday, May 1, 2017

Wood Floors under all that Carpet!

I've been quiet for the past couple of weeks.
The kitchen work has been held up
for the past several days
because one cabinet had to be replaced.
It has now arrived and
hopefully in the next couple of days
we'll all see some real progress
in the kitchen.


In the meantime,
the carpet has been pulled up
and we've got oak floors underneath!


They are not in pristine condition,
but with a thorough cleaning
and some minor repairs,
they will be just fine for
my little cottage!


The stairs are going to be the most 
labor intensive.


The "waffle" padding underneath has disintegrated 
to a hard, clay-like material
that is having to be scraped away.


"My"bedroom upstairs.


The guest bedroom.

I had originally planned to do the painting,
but because my current house sold so quickly
(closing is scheduled for June 12!!!)
I am overwhelmed with packing up.
So, Shannon, my contractor,
has agreed to add that task to his list.
We're all working toward a "finish" date
on the renovations by the end of May.
I am in countdown mode now!

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Wow- Susan. Those floors are a great find but what a mess on the steps. Oh- well --soon it will be done and behind you and you can start 'fluffing' the nest. I can't wait to see more and more and more. I am just thrilled for you! xo Diana

Tanna said...

PRICELESS floors, Susan!! You can't buy that kind of beauty! (Okay, there are salvage shops that sell them... but, it would be just like yours!) SO excited for you!!! Can't wait to see it all done and you moved in! blessings ~ tanna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...