Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Got Needles?


Here's a riddle for you -
How many knitting needles
does a knitter need?



In the beginning,
when you first learn to knit,
every new project seems to need
a different size (i.e. "new") needle.
So, you start to build a collection.
Of course, you have to try each and every
needle that comes along until you find
your favorite.
There are metal, aluminum, wood, bamboo, plastic, etc.
(I think I just read about glass needles.
Memo to me:
"Need to try those.")
Not to mention you can use
straight, circular or double points.



My "go to" needles are the ones in the
hanging organizer in the first two pictures.
The above are just a mixed assortment that I rarely use anymore.
Why not weed out a few and get rid of some?
No.
Just no.
I just do not part with knitting needles.



That's why I have such a massive collection.
I have accumulated these needles over
forty years of knitting.
I suppose that makes some of them true "vintage."




Of course, it wouldn't be much of a collection
without the double pointed needles.
It's hard to believe,
but these pictures don't even include the
numerous needles stashed around
in my knitting bag(s) with ongoing projects.
(Knitting bags are a whole other malady.)
Would you believe,
I still have occasions when I need to
buy another set of needles?
I know.  I have issues.


Don't even get me started on crochet hooks.
I know how to crochet,
but I am a knitter, not a crocheter.
That being said, every knitter worth her keep
needs a few crochet hooks in her bag too.

Let's just say I have a weakness.
What's yours?

7 comments:

Tombstone Livestock said...

Lordy, Lordy, you have more knitting needles than my local yarn shop ............ and a few crochet hooks too boot.

NanaDiana said...

LOL- I don't know what my secret stash is- I have several. I loved all your knitting needles. I have one of my hubby's grammas that is made out of green glass. x Diana

Anonymous said...

You do have an awesome collection there my friend... ummm do you have those circular needles that are 9" long and are specifically designed for making socks? I just purchased one pair in sizes 0 to 5 just for socks. The point is (pun intended) with these needles you don't have to fuss with 4 or 5 dbl pointed needles or two pairs of circular needles to make that magic loop or anything... you just knit away in the round on one needle... how cool is that?! Link to where I purchased mine just in case you don't know about these... https://www.etsy.com/listing/81367223/sizes-us-0-4-all-lengths-inch-chiaogoo?ref=shop_home_active and select the 9" needle!
I also just heard about the glass needles - they do look interesting ... giggle! I guess we are hopeless :D
Hugs,
Beth P

Vicki Boster said...

Count me in-- the club I mean!! I have the same weakness/obsession!!! I'm not sure I can find all of my needles- let alone count them- lol!!!

Xoxo
Vicki

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Wow! I don't knit, so I was thinking at first this was some type of modern art!

Very cool storage idea.

Anonymous said...

Over buying of materials when starting a new project. At one time I was a beginning rug hooker. Off to G-Street Fabrics where I proceeded to buy one yard of every color wool they had. Six hundred dollars later I had this grand pallet of material to choose from. I actually did hook a 5 foot square rug and I actually like it. Ten years or more later I gave the wool to the Goodwill. And yes, I knit too. And Crochet. And weave and spin raw wool. And needlepoint. So don't tell me about your personal failings I've got my own set. Love your blog. Ann

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...