Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Countdown Has Begun...


All through the house, basement and back porch
are piles of "stuff."
Nanniepannie and I 
are in the midst of getting ready for the annual
Tree Street Neighborhood Yard Sale!


This is a BIG event!
It is an established event and many
people in the region make a special effort to get here,
and get here early,
in order to snag some real bargains.
Each year this event brings thousands of 
people into our neighborhood.



So, not only is it a great shopping adventure,
it is an excellent way to clean up
and get rid of things we no longer need or want.
I have even cleaned out my fabric stash
and will be measuring and pricing it today.
We are one week out.
By this time next week,
we should be the owners of a
lot less stuff!
Our rule is that once an item is taken outside
for the yard sale
it cannot be brought back into the house.
Happily there are several local charities
who make the rounds after the sale
and will take away anything you want to donate.


I have also been baking and freezing for several weeks
in preparation for our
Each year for one day
I get to satisfy my fantasy of having a 
tearoom, bistro, cafe, whatever.
We set up on the front porch
and offer a lovely little retreat for the 
weary and hungry yard sale shopper!
Thus far I have stocked away
Heath Bar Brownies (6 pans)
Mounds Cookies (6 dozen)
Zucchini Bread (8 loaves)
Cinnamon Cake (2)
Lemon Loaf Cake (4)
Pineapple Muffins w/Coconut Drizzle
Applesauce Muffins w/Cinnamon Sugar
(I've lost count on the muffins.)
The 80 chicken salad sandwiches I always make
will need to be made just before the sale.

The preparation continues...


Last year's event.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the idea that a charity comes and takes what you don't sell. What a wonderful thing to do. Not sure where you are (I am in CT). I would love to attend.

Linda said...

OH!!! I wish I could be there!!! It sounds wonderful and I hope you have a huge success!! How could you NOT??

NanaDiana said...

OMGosh- What a wonderful, fun event!!!! Hope you make a ton of money so you can buy MORE stuff! xo Diana

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

What a fun idea!! I wish I lived in the area. I love a good yard sale...and goodies! (=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...