Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sir's Fabrics--THE WORLD'S BEST FABRIC STORE!

















I have many weaknesses--I like chocolate WAY more than I should, I'm a sucker for SEX AND THE CITY. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, how many times I've already seen it, if I happen upon a repeat episode, I'll sit and watch it. But my biggest weakness is fabric. Lucky for me, there's SIRS FABRICS. Also, lucky for me, they are located six hours away from where I live, so I can't go every other day.







But when I do go, it's pure heaven. I can literally spend all day there. SIR'S has been in operation in Fayetteville, Tennessee since 1948. The surprising thing about it, is its size and that it's there at all. The business consists of two separate stores, one across the street from the other, and each is huge. Fayetteville is a lovely small, southern town in a largely farming area. You just never expect this explosion of designer fabrics when you walk through the door.




SIR'S is and always has been a family owned and operated business. It has been the mainstay of my tote bag business almost since its beginning. A side benefit of getting an order from a yarn shop for an an assortment of tote bags and needle cases is that it gives me an excuse for another trip to SIR'S to buy more fabric!













And did I mention trims? There is no lack of choice for those either.

Here's my latest treasure, picked up earlier this month. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do with it...I just know I love it and I have about ten yards of it. I see it as maybe in a series of small totes, think fabric baskets, or I can always use it somewhere in my house, because the colors are perfect...more on that later...I need to go sew for a while...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not normally a big yellow fan, but that is pretty. Very French Country looking. It would make a great covering for a window pelmet in your bedroom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...