Friday, August 13, 2010

Peach Sangria...Let the Weekend Begin!

Is it just me, or have the peaches been exceptionally good this summer?


All summer long I've enjoyed fresh peaches and cottage cheese for breakfast. That may not be every one's idea of the perfect breakfast, but for me, it doesn't get any better. Isn't it nice when something you like to eat is also healthy?
Enjoy the peaches while they last. They won't be around too much longer.



Last weekend at a neighborhood dinner, Virginia, from down the street, brought Peach Sangria and it was outstanding.

Here's her recipe:

Virginia's Peach Sangria
One bottle white zinfandel
1/2 can frozen lemonade
1/3 cup sugar
3 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
3/4 cup peach brandy
Mix all together. Pour over ice and serve.
This evening I made a pitcher. I had peach schnapps instead of peach brandy on hand, so I used that instead. It was incredibly good.
Thank you Virginia!
We invited a new friend over to help us drink it, along with a few appetizers and it was an excellent start to the weekend.
Now, what to do with all those marinated peaches at the bottom of the pitcher when the sangria is gone (IF there are any left...)??? I had made some small pound cake muffins earlier and they were great with the peaches and a little whipped cream.



Have yourself a peachy weekend!


5 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely!!! I will SO use this recipe!!! Sounds perfect for an August evening! We MUST be kindred spirits because I ,too, love peaches and cottage cheese and have had that for several mornings in a row!! I like a bit of crunchiness so if I have this for an afternoon snack I add a few pretzel sticks.

I am printing this off for my recipe box! Thanks for sharing it!!

Happy Weekend right back at you!!!

Privet and Holly said...

My this DOES sound
peachy!!! I've been
wanting to try Peach
Sangria and now I will.
Just catching up from
being at the beach and
happy to see that Brenda
rolled out the welcome
mat for you on her blog!
She's the best : ) Also
enjoyed your review of
Inception ~ Sounds like
one of the better films
of the summer!
Happy weekend!
xx Suzanne

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Just came over from Brenda's. She is so sweet to inform of us new bloggers that she has discovered. The peaches are very good this year and I hate for them to go away. I also enjoyed the movie Inception and I saw Eat Pray Love last night and it is good, too.

Brenda Pruitt said...

I can't believe it is mid-August and I haven't eaten one fresh peach all summer. What was I thinking?
Brenda

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Oh yum! This all sounds so delish. The peaches are really good on this side of the world, too. Have been eating one a day all this week.

Love cottage cheese -- either with pineapple or tomatoes.

Have a beautiful day. :) Tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...