Thursday, June 7, 2018

Another Birthday Post...and Other Ramblings


they just keep coming,
year after year!
What's to be done about that?


I have decided the very best
thing to do about birthdays
is to enjoy them.
No one that I know of...yet...
has figured out how to 
slow them down.


This time last year I was just moving into my new home.

What a year it's been!
Most of it has been very, very good.
Some of it has been difficult.
But overall it's been an lovely year for me.
I am even learning to do a little gardening!!!
The above pictures are from my yard.
I cannot take credit for the actual plants,
they were here before me.
But I am trying to maintain them,
and have been developing a few beds
into my own sensibilities.
No pictures to share just yet.
It's a process...

This year I have been trying to 
live with enthusiasm,
mindfulness,
embrace simplicity,
and most of all, 
be joyful.
Some days I fall a bit short,
but others,
I am a raging success,
thanks to friends, new and old,
and family,
who help me laugh daily.

Some house changes are in my future.
I have a small paneled room just off my living room,
which I will soon be converting into 
a screened porch.
Just waiting for my contractor
to come and work his magic.
I will be sharing as it happens.


The 2018 Bake Off continues.
While celebrating our birthdays
in Knoxville last week,
(his is one day before mine)
M and I discovered this one 
in a small eatery.


Since I chose the Hummingbird Cake
as our "cake to bake" this year,
it seems to be popping up everywhere.
Please remember to share your 
pictures, recipe, and stories
if you make one,
and I will in turn share here.


My birthday flowers from M.
Perfect as usual.

Hoping your June is perfect too.

1 comment:

nanniepannie said...

I bought my cake ingredients this week, can't wait to bake.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...