Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Chef Rick's Cake



All the way from Germany,
here's my brother Rick's
Hummingbird Cake,
his submission for our
Two things to note,
the German flags
and
the little hummingbird
hovering above the cake.


No one has a better sense of
humor and fun
than my brother Rick...


He actually sent me pictures of his cake weeks ago.
But because of the colored layers,
 the obvious fake hummingbird,
and knowing how much Rick 
likes to jack me around,
I failed to realize
THIS was his cake.
I asked him today,
"Why the colored layers?"
He says originally is was supposed to
represent the colors of the German flag,
black, red and yellow.
"Major fail," his words.


Rick used a fairly standard cake recipe.
It's the frosting that made his cake,
German Vanilla Butter Cream Custard Frosting.
The cake was "just okay."




This is an old picture of Rick,
but one of my favorites.
Love you Bro!

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

Oh What Fun to have your brother participate. There are NO failures in cake. I can pretend green is black any day of the week if the cake tastes good. Those are wonderful pictures of him. It really makes me miss my only brother. xo Diana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...