Thursday, May 16, 2019

Catching Up


Is it possible?
Is Spring almost over?
I have let SO much time pass 
since my last post.
It has been a busy time at 
Buttermilk Cottage.
That's my only excuse.


In March I hosted two dear friends from college days.
Virginia, my roommate for three years,
who now lives in Texas,
and Marie, who lived across the hall
and now makes her home in Alabama.
We had a lovely visit of several days,
talking ourselves silly,
eating and visiting a few points of interest
near here.


 We made a trip to Abingdon, Virginia 
where the Barter Theatre
was doing CAMELOT.
What a treat to see the show,
which we had all seen together 
when it came out as a movie
all those years ago!

The challenge has been made for this year's
This is an ongoing and yearly
friendly baking competition between
my sister Nancy, brother Rick,
sister in law Pat and
anyone else who wants to join us.
It's not a real competition because
we cannot taste each other's cake,
but we all bake the same cake,
and share our thoughts on it.
This year's cake choice was Pat's.
She has chosen the Lane Cake,
a traditional Southern cake
that has numerous variations.
Think about joining in with us.
All you need do is make the cake
with a recipe of your choice,
send me a picture or two 
along with your thoughts on the cake.
More about this later.



I have recently finished this book 
by Delia Owens.
It is a first novel,
a coming of age story of
Kya, the "marsh girl"
which takes place in North Carolina.
Her prose is lovely and lyrical.
I enjoyed it a lot
and you might too,
especially if you have an
interest in the natural world.


Finally, I am in the midst of this year's
home improvement project.
I think I'll tell you about it when the
job is completed.
The picture above
is a hint of where the work is being done.

Enjoy your May,
it will be gone all to soon!

4 comments:

Linda said...

It is so good to have you back! I love reading your posts, and I have wondered how you were doing. I hope you have a wonderful summer! I have seen several recommendations for "Where the Crawdads Sing." So that will be one of my summer reads.

Lisa said...

Wow... You are really going to leave us hanging on your next project?? Im still in love with the screened porch and cannot wait to see whats up next ... guessing landscaping?? front porch area?? Have a great weekend!!!

Patti said...

It was fun today finding your recent posts! You certainly have a green thumb. I agree spring is going by too fast. We have not had any summer like weather yet here in west Michigan. Still waiting for all the rain to stop. Can't wait to see your project this year.

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...